> DOWNLOAD AS PDF
SKYDIVERS ARE REMINDED THAT “WHEN THINGS ARE DIFFERENT,” THEY ARE AT GREATER RISK.
- PLEASE DO NOT BE SO FOCUSED ON CORONAVIRUS SAFETY THAT YOU OVERLOOK FOCUS ON SKYDIVING SAFETY.
- TAKE IT SLOW. TAKE IT SAFE. GEAR CHECKS!
- REVIEW YOUR EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND GET HELP FROM Dave or Chuck (S&TAs) ON ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT 100% COMFORTABLE WITH.
- FUN JUMPERS ONLY
- MAY 23 & 24, 2020
- Kicking Off With Safety Day at 9am on May 23, 2020
FULL RE-OPENING ON MAY 30, 2020 at 9am.
PNW Skydiving closed voluntarily for the early spring to help contain the coronavirus. PNW Skydiving has never received information that being at or skydiving at PNW Skydiving put an individual at a greater risk of contracting the Covid-19 than at any other location in Oregon or the United States. PNW Skydiving believes that, since closure, no one has been at PNW Skydiving who has had Covid-19 or been knowingly exposed to Covid-19. PNW Skydiving has taken precautions to reduce the risk of coronavirus infection.
JUMPERS ARE ADVISED OF CERTAIN PRECAUTIONS TAKEN AND THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN.
CLEANING and OTHER PRECAUTIONS PRIOR TO OPENING AND AFTER OPENING:
- Bathrooms – cleaned before opening and throughout the day frequently with a bleach solution.
- Commonly touched spaces swabbed down with a bleach rag, including door handles.
- Temperature checks for all customers.
- Mandatory Covid 19 questionnaire.
- Mandatory personal skydiving neck buff and goggles kit $10 at time of check in.
- No more than 5 people in the lobby at a time, no spectators in the building.
SIGNAGE & BARRIERS
FULL OPENING – SKYDIVERS AND TANDEM
TEMPORARY COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
- Plexiglass placed as a barrier between customers and manifest.
Signs In Various Locations:
- CORONAVIRUS – SKYDIVING IS A CONTACT SPORT
- BY SKYDIVING AND BEING AT PNW SKYDIVING, YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF COVID-19 INFECTION
- You are not safe from coronavirus infection here. No amount of care or caution can assure your protection. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect your health, but make no guarantees or representations. You must take your own precautions. If you cannot accept that risk, don’t skydive or be at PNW SKYDIVING. As a condition of being here: YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT ILL and HAVE NOT BEEN KNOWINGLY EXPOSED TO COVID-19.
- Tandem Customers: No more than 5 people in manifest at any time. Please observe the mandated six feet of distancing while inside the building.
- Licensed Jumpers: Temporarily, fun jumpers will manifest ONLY on the Burble Me app. If you need manifest assistance, please use the outer window next to manifest instead of entering the building. Putting more money on account than normal avoids visiting manifest frequently.
Signs On Manifest Doors:
- DURING THIS TIME:
- ONLY STAFF BEHIND MANIFEST COUNTER
- NO LICENSED SKYDIVERS IN MANIFEST BUILDING
- DO NOT STICK FACE INTO MANIFEST WINDOW
- INTERIOR BATHROOM MAY ONLY BE UTILIZED BY STAFF
- SPECTATORS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER MANIFEST BUILDING AT ANY TIME OR FOR ANY REASON.
- ONLY persons jumping may be in manifest.
Sign At Aircraft Cockpit Entrance:
- Avoid talking to pilot. Cover your mouth if you must.
- SPECTATORS: We are normally exceptionally friendly. If we don’t talk to you it is due to coronavirus. Keep children home if possible. Avoid interacting with others.
Signs In Bathroom Stalls:
- AVOID TOUCHING SURFACES
- Use paper towel, gloves or other barrier between your hand and faucets and flush levers
- Aircraft and skydiving safety should never be sacrificed for coronavirus safety.
Everyone visiting at PNW Skydiving must have a face mask or other nose/mouth barrier in their possession.
- Face masks must be worn AT ALL TIMES while inside the manifest building, boarding area, in airplane and otherwise as frequently as practical.
- Maintain six feet distance at the boarding area, manifest and elsewhere, as practical.
- Avoid holding items held by others.
- Refuse to interact with anyone who appears ill. Alert management or S&TA who will escort the person off the drop zone.
Instructors – refuse to jump with anyone who appears ill and advise management or S&TA.
- We recommend no fist-bumping, high-fiving, handshaking or other unnecessary touching.
- No spectators or licensed skydivers in the manifest building at any time or for any reason.
- Everyone is responsible for safety.
- Everyone should politely inform spectators (who are not with tandems) not to be here – alert management if they do not leave.
- Everyone will sign the attached QUESTIONNAIRE. Any “yes” responses will be required to leave PNW Skydiving immediately and call 503-759-4455 to reschedule their jump.
- Fun jumpers take precautions consistent with government guidance.
- Spread out in the packing areas/seating areas etc to maintain 6 feet of separation.
- Dirt Dive with virtual, distanced touching.
- Benches should be positioned in spectator area.
- Manifest should advise spectators to be in the spectator area.
- Boarding Area: Keep 6 feet distance boarding the airplane.
Government guidance is ambiguous. Differences in comfort with social distancing vary. Phase 1 federal guidelines recommend 6 feet of social distancing and maximum 10 in a group –except if social distancing is impractical, precautionary measures should be observed. PNW Skydiving has determined that it is impractical to run the PAC with six feet distance and ten skydivers. PNW Skydiving is implementing precautionary measures.
After Jumping Protocols
- Jumpers and staff are encouraged to go directly home after jumping without making a stop. They should launder their clothes and wash thoroughly so as not to introduce any inadvertent contamination into the broader community.
Do you have the coronavirus? ______ YES ____No
Have you had or been exposed to the virus in the last 14 days? _____ YES ______NO Have you traveled outside the US in the last 14 days? _____ YES ______ NO
Do you have any of the following symptoms? _______ YES ______ NO
Coughing _____ YES ______ NO
Shortness of Breath _____ YES ______ NO
Fever > 100 F _____ YES _____ NO
Chills or repeated shaking with chills _______ YES _______ NO Muscle pain ______ YES _____ NO
Sore throat ______ YES ______ NO
Headache ______ YES ______ NO
New loss of taste or smell ______ YES _______NO